Geotechnology, a pioneer in the installation of screen systems, since 1988 in greenhouses throughout Greece, with over 1,000 Ha. of installed curtains in Greece and the Balkans.
The installation of a screen in the greenhouse aims to control the incoming solar radiation, to protect the crop from high temperatures, as well as to save heating expenses during the winter months.
The screen is installed below the height of the gutter of the greenhouse enabling opening and closing action, depending on the needs of shading the crop and saving energy.
The advantages of the curtain system are summarized below:
During the winter
- Greenhouse heating savings, of 20% to 60%, depending on the type, due to reduction of heated space and losses through the roof.
- Control of plant photosynthesis, avoidance of shocks and burns on plants during the transition from cloudy periods to periods of intense sunshine during the winter
- Reduction of water vapor condensation dripping on plants (reduction of fungal related problems)
During the summer
- Control and diffusion of plant lighting
- Limiting incoming solar radiation.
- Creating a cooler greenhouse environment at noon in screen types with aluminum sections, due to the reflection of sunlight
- Relative humidity control.
- Quick and easy installation.
- In cases of damaged in the covering plastic of the greenhouse, either by wind or hail, the screen is able to protect the crop from wind, frost or hail until the repair is done.
- Diffusion of light and reduction of shaded areas giving uniform photosynthesis to the crop.
- Curtain cloth warranty up to 6 years.
- System depreciation within three years on fuel savings (Based on specific case study).
It is possible to design systems with any type of screen, such as blackout screens, open screens for shading only, decorative screens for garden center shading etc.